There are many great benefits to pre-planning for funeral and memorial services. Review the information below to see how you can easily be prepared and start with a plan that best fits your needs.
Pre – Funding
There are many benefits to setting aside the funds needed for funeral expenses. Here in Minnesota you can protect these funds in a tax free funeral insurance policy, which also will also earn interest and off-set the rate of inflation and rising funeral costs. Speaking with a professional who works with these “trusts & policies” is to ensure that you are getting what you need for your particular needs.
Is there an age requirement?
No, you can set this up at any age. Insurance companies offer a boost in the premium based on your age and the amount of money set aside. The younger you are when you set it up, the larger the boost will be. Any excess funds not used at the time of your service will go directly back to the estate of the insured. It is tax fee and is NOT considered as an asset.
Advantages to pre-funding your funeral expenses
- Financial security – legally protect your assets from Medical Assistance and the nursing home.
- Financial benefits – a funeral policy paid to an insurance company through our funeral home will pay you a growth rate and draw interest.
- Record your final wishes – personalize your services and record what you want.
- Relieve the burden on your family – financially and emotionally. Give your family the peace of mind knowing they have acted in accordance with your wishes.
There is no charge to pre-arrange and it truly is simple to do. Plus, when you make the plan ahead of time, it will save stress on the ones left behind who will be feeling overwhelmed. Having arrangements already in place will make it much easier and your family will know that your wishes are being met.
What are some of the things that can be pre-planned?
- Casket or urn selection
- Select your choice of service; verses, hymns, etc
- Obituary pre-written
- Floral and arrangement selections
Return Assured Protection
This program is something ideal for “snowbirds” or those who like to travel. You do not have to have a pre-arranged or pre-funded plan to take advantage of this protection.
Benefits of Return Assured
- Covered cost of air fare from anywhere in the world
- Coverage protects when death occurs while traveling 100 miles or more from your legal residence
- Provides for transportation of deceased to originally selected funeral home and cemetery
- Coverage includes travel anywhere in the world
- Assures your peace of mind
- One time cost
Our pre-need counselors, Carol Kopel and Valerie Stephens work with all six locations of Stephens Funeral Service and would be happy to meet with you at your location or ours to discuss questions and a plan that is right for you. They will assist you in finding the perfect plan that fits you and your family’s needs.
Have more questions? Leave a comment below or contact us and we will get in touch with you.